The Ecodan® - Packaged HWHP (Hot Water Heat Pump) system consists of a monoblock water condensing outdoor unit which produces very hig volumes of high temperature hot water
Packaged WtW heat pumps for hot water
The new Hot Water Heat Pump Packaged Water to Water CRHV completes the Mitsubishi Electric range of heat pumps for hot water production, confirming its leadership in the production of these systems.
Equipped with two compressors using R410A refrigerant delivering a nominal capacity up to 60kW and drawing energy from the ground, the CRHV packaged system is the ideal solution for geothermal applications and applications using borehole, river or lake water as a heat source to produce hot water for heating or domestic hot water up to 65°C.
The Hot Water Heat Pump CRHV offers class beating innovation and efficiency.
The new CRHV packaged system is also equipped with “Flash-Injection Circuit” developed for the VRF CITY MULTI ZUBADAN Y system (a heat pump system for very cold climates).
By using this advanced injection system and highly efficient compressors, the CRHV packaged system can deliver high temperature hot water at up to 65°C, ensuring superior performance and capacity even at very cold outdoor temperatures.
* SCOP 4.33 – Outlet water/glycol temperature -3°C. Outlet water temperature 35°C.
Upgrading existing systems
The new CRHV packaged system can reuse existing geothermal probes or wells, adapting to their effective thermal capacity.
The inverter-driven CRHV packaged system is capable of adjusting its thermal capacity between 45kW and 60kW in relation to the effective amount of heat deliverable by the existing geothermal well.
The new CRHV packaged system is capable of operating at incoming source water temperatures between -8°C and 27°C with a counterflow configuration, while the incoming source water temperature range may be extended to up to 45°C using a parallel flow configuration.
The water delivery temperature range is from 30°C and 65°C (in parallel flow configuration, the maximum water delivery temperature is 60°C at incoming water temperatures above 27°C).The CRHV packaged system is also suitable for indoor installation.
The module can also be ordered with an optional special protective treatment for installation in particularly harsh or corrosive environments
Backup Function and Rotation Function
The “Backup*” function of the CRHV packaged system ensures superior reliability.
If one of the two DC Scroll Inverter compressors equipping the individual system fails, the other compressor continues to operate to prevent the discomfort caused by the system shutting down completely.
In this state, however, the thermal capacity of the system is obviously halved.
The “Rotation” function is another key solution ensuring uniform operation and maximising the life span of all the compressors in CRHV packaged systems in multiple configurations.
In an installation with two or more systems, the individual systems operate in alternation if the thermal demand does not require the systems to function simultaneously.
For applications with demands for very large volumes of hot water production, a flexible, modular thermal power installation may be created with up to 16 CRHV packaged systems, for a maximum output of up to 960 kW, with integrated cascade control.
This installation solution offers superlative modulability, as each individual system is equipped with two DC Scroll Inverter compressors, ensuring that the thermal power is adjusted progressively and with extreme precision in relation to the effective demand for hot water.
This optimises the operation of the entire installation, with only a portion of the CRHV packaged installation operating in mid-load conditions and during spring and autumn.
A malfunction of one or more CRHV packaged systems does not compromise the operation of the other systems in the installation, ensuring safety and uninterrupted operativity.
Remote control via external contacts
The wide choice of analogue and digital inputs and digital outputs available on the electronic board of the system makes it possible to control the system remotely from a BMS, a timer or external contacts.
The following are just some of the available input signals:
- Operating mode and hot water production temperature setpoint selection, choosing between “Heating Mode” and “ECO Heating Mode”. The latter of these two modes is particularly advanced, as it uses the outdoor air compensation curve to automatically determine the water delivery setpoint.
- Operating mode and hot water production temperature setpoint selection, choosing between “Domestic Hot Water Mode” and “Heating Mode”. This means that two different water temperature setpoints are settable: a higher value for domestic hot water production and lower value for heating. This improves performance at partial loads, as DHW is only produced when requested.
- Select between “Efficiency Mode (COP)” and “Capacity Mode” for the unit. The operation of the system may be optimised in relation to demand, increasing power or performance depending on the specific case.
- Select ON/OFF state in relation to signals received from flow regulator switch and circulation pump, for increased protection of the hydronic circuit and to ensure that the system functions correctly.
The following are just some of the available output signals:
- A digital output may be activated at a selectable minimum water temperature to start a thermal power generator (boiler, thermal solar panel etc.) to substitute the system in certain conditions when the system is in OFF state.
- Manage 3-way valve in relation to domestic hot water or heating water demand.
- Manage pumps on circuit hot water side and heat source side (ON/OFF).
The result is extraordinary control flexibility either locally, using the dedicated PAR-W21MAA remote controller, or remotely, using external contacts.
The compact footprint of the units has been made possible by a new, highly efficient, low pressure loss heat exchanger.
Installation footprint 0.73 m2*
*footprint of one unit, not including service access space for maintenance.
Control and monitoring functionality with centralized WEB Server controllers
The CRHV packaged system is capable of interfacing via the M-Net data transmission bus with the WEB Server 3D Touch and 3D Blind Controller centralized controllers of the VRF CITY MULTI control system range.
Depending on the application, the CRHV packaged system may be interfaced with a VRF CITY MULTI system to optimise operation when catering for hot water, heating and air conditioning demands, or, alternatively, to manage, monitor and supervise the system in stand-alone configuration for applications requiring solely the production of large volumes of hot water.
In both cases, the system may be controlled either from the 10.4” backlit, touch screen colour display of the 3DT controller, or via the internet using the Web pages of either centralized controller.